Kenneth Koym, Psychotherapist at Dialoguemakers.org
Continuing Education Sponsor – State Bar of
Tel 512.215.4798, Email: email@example.com
In Turn: Mr.
Michael Chertoff, Secretary – a Citizen of
I hereby file this statement in accord with the
Environmental Policy Act, mandating an Impact Statement for all major
actions significantly affecting the quality of life in the
Building a wall at the border between the
in this Hemisphere three millennia before Europeans migrated to the
2) Thirty five Nations making up this Hemisphere since Nation States have been set forth; and with
which founded Spanish, British, Dutch, and German Colonies in the
Land Grants recognized the Lipan Apache Nation
in a grant describing the before the
According to Dr. Eloisa G. Tamez
sacred lands EloisaGTamez who wrote:
“I am one
of those individuals who have refused Homeland Security access to my
Secretary Chertoff is saying that the
needs access to the land to assess the best placement of the wall. I
by his representatives that they needed to test the soil, etc. to
environmental impact. I was told by the representatives that they were
there to talk about the erection of a wall--just to test the soil and
measurements. The other land grant descendents in the area were also
The government representatives say that 90 to 95 percent of the people
access are also in agreement to the wall. The same people with whom I
discussed the signing of the document indicate they did not agree to
erection of the wall -- only to access to evaluate the land. The
does not coincide. We are being betrayed and coerced. We are being
invaded and corralled
in our own land. Is this a democratic country and the envy of the
ii. Kickapoo Tribe of Texas impacted around Eagle Pass; the Coahuiltecan reaching into Mexico from Del Rio north to El Paso; and the Pueblo Indians, Isleta del Sur and Senecfi del Sur, near El Paso; and the Apache, Comanche; still being identified in birth certificates, local, state and US government records and correspondences unearthed as families gain the resources to prove up their rights.
iii. Ugly arm chair orders written by the Secretary of the Homeland Security Department Michael Chertoff and expanded by Attorney General Alberto Gonzales placed children of such parents in situations where they could be humiliated and disenfranchised. In an earlier case, instigated by Rep. Lamar Smith an immigrant minor; this cost the US 12 million dollars.
With the wall replacing freedoms
under Spanish, French, Texas National Law, as well as
2) The Mayors and Chambers of Commerce on each side of the Rio Grande River jointly oppose a conclusion of the wall on the grounds it is a scourge that would destroy a healthy multi-billion dollar relationship; and, NAFTA statistics show the volume of business conducted between businesses from the State of Texas and Mexico exceed that of all the remaining States of the USA put together and Mexico. Texans shall be shorted by billions of dollars. Water, transportation and trade agreements will be greatly hampered for decades after wall construction.
4) By denting Texas-Mexico proceeds and contrary to Texas Government Code, Section 490.001 by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 921, Sec. 17.001(31), as an active original member of San Antonio’s Free Trade Alliance of 1990-1993, I submit Michael Chertoff’s wall-builders spells ruin to a healthy economy and it will hurt incomes of a highly significant number of Texans and Mexicans who now reduce the number of probable immigrants to the USA. The EIS put forth failed to look at how the proposed "wall-building effort will increase not reduce poverty and the number of those forced into servitude."
1) As an alternative to building a wall, I urge a two-pronged policy that creates
i. Fair Trade Alliances (not an equal trade agreement as passed in mid 2007 by Costa Rica only after fierce intrusion in local voter decision making by the Bush administration) and
ii. establishes an Entrepreneur Development Incentives Program which pipes intellectual capital to prospective immigrants in their homes of origin so they remain at home and turn their dreams into successful businesses in which they grow pride and futures independent of living amidst those of us in the USA. Just like any other distance education intellectual capital is needed to foster entrepreneurial development and can be sent into the third world and rather than turning people off, they can be turned on to creative lives outside this country.
The impact brought forth by the Wall
easily cost the US 185 billion dollars annually for the next five
the wall is completed. In
6) The hate must be halted in agreement with multi-national Accords existing prior to this millennium. Anger became a politicized reality contrary to the Hate Crimes Act and now gravely hampers the economic life, psychological, cultural and political well-being of our countries and in specific it maims 85 % of the population found in the Rio Grande Valley -- principally a Hispanic minority and the nearly 55 % of those living between Eagle Pass and El Paso by incrementally blocking foot traffic, daily familial interactions, church going with extended family and entrepreneurial efforts on each side of the border.
7) Erecting a wall at the border of the United States and Mexico, Brownsville to El Paso sets a burdensome precedence because it will and has already hampered (and hampers) the economic, psychological, cultural and political well-being of our countries. If measured it in terms of hate crimes and political football, the process is profoundly destructive to the image of the United States. A wall provides no solution; it will bring human suffering and servitude and increase poverty. Based on my 47 years of professional experience dialoguing with North, South and Central Americans, I opine it will aggravate the environment and harmony between cultures amicably existing side by side without external antagonism or the Homeland Security for centuries. [See Addicts to easy money, violence & terrorism (Koym, 2003).] This intrusion will harm native people by further breaking apart their Nations, business communities by increasing costs and persons of faith by wedging distance between believers. I oppose it.
8) Preaching prejudice, committing hate crimes to achieve the incriminalization of classes of people violates Hemispherical and international agreements reaching to 1695, is wrong. Using racism to achieve leadership wastes harmony. Ugly blasts bring unnecessary hurt to children as families have been interned with raids conducted. I observed angers be converted to racist like action. Ill-prepared office holders and Homeland Security personnel began building a 700-mile border wall but not looking at decades of negative consequences that evolve from short-sighted efforts.
9) Contrary to the Hate Crimes Act, the political football brought on by the Wall and arguments about immigrations are indisputably harmful. Human relations on each side of our once friendly border have been squashed. That is unbecoming and the blame lies with US leaders who have committed violated the US Hate Crimes Act of 2007..
1) Neo Nazis Racism & White Supremacy Threats: Contrary to the Hate Crimes Act of 2007, threats continue to be issued, including administratively derived statutes set forth so a border wall can be built and generate fascist images of the USA. This DOHS action barricades and will inhibit informal relations that have been in place for 450 years.
Minutemen and other hate group
with ICE and
County Sheriff Arpaio's Office has
immigration laws since March 2006. About 160 deputies and jail officers
been specially trained to enforce federal immigration laws. Since 2006,
ICE-trained Maricopa deputies have arrested or deported more than 1,200
In July, Arpaio launched a controversial
let the public report "illegal immigrants" or smuggling activity. … The
named litigant is Manuel de Jesus Ortega Melendres,
Complaints filed by the
Europeans note beginning in 2005-06,
Mexican Consular Officers helped migrants. Since mid 2007, US Customs
are in fight mode, not seeking peace or order like
Unfortunately, prejudice and hate preached by US Rep Lamar Smith from 1981 to 1986, has rubbed off on the DOHS. He wrote the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, a law whose impact was not verified as neutered. I lived in
contrast to the negatives fostered by Michael Chertoff,
the Germans are commended for having taken corrective actions on behalf
than three million citizens of
pronouncements against bashing of foreigners were made in
the pressure? “In the past, three out of every four of 1.3 million
Central Americans) caught each year at the border entered the US
metropolitan areas. The rest came across in remote areas. The number of
apprehensions in Douglas, Arizona, a rural ranching community in
County, used to be about 8 to 10 thousand people,,,” up through 1995.
Border Patrol projected it would apprehend a half million at this
to Mexican Consul Salvador Cassian,
I support of better Mexican-American relations and of human rights and am appalled that the Rio Grande Valley Tactical In fracture EIS, the DOHS and ICE have not made it feasible for citizens to participate in this process nor was it not feasible to fax my report during an earlier Valley Infrastructure EIS. Should there be any doubt as to my determination that building a wall at the border of the United States and Mexico starting in the Rio Grande Sector through to the San Diego Sector, will bring lasting detrimental psychological, cultural, economic and political harm to world relations, local development and regional betterment, please see Children’s rights & deportations a call for justice -- 2000; Koym; Surviving traumas in Guatemala: Peace Accord Challenges & Entrepreneurial Promises – 2003, Koym; and, Series of Strategies For Controlling Narcotrafficking & Unifying the Country Against Crime – resulting in Mexico’s National Plan Against Crime & Violence adopted in 1998 (Koym received 1-13-98 Oficio No. 017/98, a Letter of Commendation from Mexico’s Attorney General Office). Or, contact me care of my address or call: 512.215.4798. This document or its update hereinafter shall be posted at http://dialoguemakers.org/ErectingWallHarmfulImpact.htm [Note, various works cited in this letter are amidst updating.]
 In this Act--
(1) the term `crime of violence' has the meaning given that term in section 16, title 18, United States Code;
(2) the term `hate crime' has the meaning given such term in section 280003(a) of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (28 U.S.C. 994 note); and
(3) the term `local' means a county, city, town, township, parish, village, or other general purpose political subdivision of a State.